Drogheda Port Company was incorporated on the 24th day of February, 1997 taking over the role of the Drogheda Harbour Commissioners who had managed the Port of Drogheda since 1790. The port is regulated under the Harboursí Acts 1996 Ė 2000.
The company is statutorily responsible for the management, direction, control and development of Drogheda Port as a commercial State company.
The main objects for which the Company is established are:-
- to take all proper measures for the management, control, operation and development of its harbour and the approach channels thereto.
- to provide such facilities, services, accommodation and lands in its harbour for ships, goods and passengers as it considers necessary.
- to promote investment in its harbour.
- to engage in any business activity, either alone or in conjunction with other persons, that it considers to be advantageous to the development of its harbour.
- to utilise and manage the resources available to it in a manner consistent with the objects aforesaid.
The company is registered in Dublin, Ireland with limited liability. Registered office is Harbourville, Mornington Road, Drogheda Ireland.
Registered Number 262361